Friday, January 25, 2013

'It Can't Rain All the Time...' - A Visual Tribute

 There's too much that has to be said about my love for rain...
I think it easily makes for the most beautiful shots...
For the most romantic moments...
For the most heroic battles...
The most intense stands...
I will let the pictures speak a thousand words...
I will let you hear the rhythm of the drops in your own head and imagine the movement in your eyes...










If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs. - Exodus 8:2




'A little too much champagne?'












Someday a real rain will come
and wash all the scum off the streets...









Storm's getting worse...
We'll pass through it soon enough...



Rain doesn’t come to Sin City real often, and when it does, it’s usually pretty lame stuff. Warm as sweat and lucky if it gets to the pavement before it evaporates.
But maybe twice a year, the desert sky really coughs it up and spits it out. A cold, mean torrent that turns the streets to glass and chills you to the bone.
Most people hate the rain when it’s nasty like this. But me, I love it. It helps me think.
I’m not real smart, but I feel a whole lot smarter when everything goes slick and everybody skitters off the streets and gets out of my way.
I love the rain. I love the icy way it creeps down my neck. The way the air goes electric and everything seems so clear.
You breath in and your nostrils work.
That’s what I do. I breathe and I just let my feet take we wherever they want.
And I think.
-Sin City Volume 1: The Hard Goodbye by Frank Miller




I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...
I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate...
All those moments are to be lost in time...
like...


Tears... in rain....
Time to die....

Thank you for viewing this tribute...

And as a little P.S....
Fuck John Cusack.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks fantastic - I can only glance at it now on my phone, but when I'm on a real computer I'll take in the sweep of the whole thing, clips included. I love this sort of multimedia presentation, plus it tied into the picture gallery meme I had going a few years back, where people presented themes visual tributes. Nice work. What do you have against John cusack though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you.

    In fact, it was heavily inspired by your picture gallery style (Really, the Dancing Image/Lost in the Movies got me back on movie blogging mode - I also have your blog to thank for introducing the works of Peter Greenaway to me, whom I induce might have influence on your beginning the tributes as well). Coincidentally, the night I posted this it began to rain for two days straight (possibly will continue tomorrow) in the town I'm in of Tempe, Az. I found it pretty magical.

    I don't have anything against John Cusack (it was just adding my tongue-in-cheek style of blogging to offset the personal value I give this tribute, which features almost entirely a huge amount of favorite films of mine), but I suppose it's the same effect as when music is obnoxiously overplayed towards me on the radio, I lose interest more and more in him with every trailer I've seen featuring him. The closest two films I enjoyed with him in it were High Fidelity and Being John Malkovich (though, I am interested in seeing Grosse Pointe Blank).

    ReplyDelete