So, it's late and I haven't really taken part in a new post, but I'm too lazy to really write too much. I remembered the movie High Fidelity and decided, hey, in my laziness, why not just make a bunch of lists like the lead character? And then using the same format review the movie itself for a short while...
|Don't Gimme Dat Look, Cusack...|
Okay, here we go. Apologies in advance for taking time to focus this movie blog on music instead... It's what most of his lists are about.
MOST MEMORABLE SPLIT-UPS
1-5) Boy, is that going to be between me, myself and I for the time being. I think the 'friendly' one I'm going through right now might be up there to number three, but still I'd like to keep my privacy towards numbers 1 and 2.
STinG's TOP FIVE SONGS TO PLAY ON A MONDAY MORNING
1. 'All God's People' by Queen - If you really wouldn't like waking up to Freddie Mercury's voice, why are you alive? Honestly.
2. 'Black Rain' or 'Birth Ritual' by Soundgarden
3. 'Generator' by Foo Fighters
4. 'Somewhere There's Hope' by Steve Perry or anything by Journey except that overplayed 'Don't Stop Believin'' - What I said about Mercury goes just as well for Steve Perry.
5. 'Shadow Warrior' by Blue Oyster Cult
STinG'S TOP FIVE FAVOURITE BOOKS
1. The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Glass Key by Dashiell Hammett
4. At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft; The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy
5. John Dies at the End by David Wong; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
STinG'S TOP FIVE JEFF BUCKLEY SONGS - I don't listen to enough Elvis Costello and Adam Lambert hasn't made enough songs yet.
1. Mojo Pin
2. Dream Brother
5. So Real
STinG'S DAD'S TOP FIVE FILMS
I don't know of any films he's seen and enjoyed except
1. The Battle of Algiers
2. The Magnificent Seven
3. Finding Nemo
4. Scarface (1983)
5. Assorted Charlie Chaplin and James Cagney films
STinG'S MOM'S TOP FIVE FILMS SHE DOESN'T LIKE
Again, I really don't know what she does like, but she'll tell you when she don't like one
1. I, Robot
2. The Avengers
3-5. Any movie incredibly unrealistic (meaning all the fun ones) or overly dramatic picture (meaning all the big ones).
Yea, I still love my mom
FIVE FILMS SHE DOES LIKE
1-5. Assorted Egyptian movies with names I never caught/many Jack Black movies good (The School of Rock; Tropic Thunder; Kung Fu Panda, etc.) or bad (Gulliver's Travels; Envy; Nacho Libre)
STinG'S TOP FIVE MUSICAL ARTISTS TO BE SHOT COME THE MUSICAL REVOLUTION
1. Fall Out Boy
2. Metallica/Green Day - Ever king has the end of its reign and, shit, have you guys have aged.
^ Note to Dave Mustaine: If you don't clean up your act soon, you're joining Metallica on this list.
3. Taylor Swift/Avril Lavigne
4. Lil' Wayne/Insane Clown Posse
5. All dubstep artists
STinG'S TOP FIVE SONGS ABOUT DEATH - In my metalheadness, I was going to change this to TOP FIVE DEATH SONGS (referring to the band from Orlando, Fl), but then I realized I knew a lot more songs about death than I thought.
1. 'Cemetery Gates' by Pantera
2. 'Don't Fear the Reaper' by Blue Oyster Cult
3. 'The End' by the Doors/'The Air-Conditioned Nightmare' by Mr. Bungle
4. 'Street Spirit (Fade Out)' by Radiohead/'Don't You Cry' by Kamelot
5. 'Take the Veil, Cerpin Taxt' by The Mars Volta/'Moonlight Shadow' by Mike Oldfield
EDIT: Shit... this makes me want to see all the other songs about Death I like.
'Hurt' by Nine Inch Nails
'Swim Good' by Frank Ocean
'The Cool' by Lupe Fiasco
'Would?' by Alice in Chains
'I Die' by Daniele Liverani feat. Daniel Gildenlow
'Not Dark Yet' by Bob Dylan
'The Unforgiven' by Metallica
'Hallowed Be Thy Name' by Iron Maiden
'A Question of Heaven' by Iced Earth
'Wait and Bleed' by Slipknot
'Because of You' by Nickelback <- Yea, I get to have my guilty pleasures, same as you.
STinG's TOP FIVE SONGS TO BE PLAYED AT HIS FUNERAL
1. 'Hell's Kitchen' by Dream Theater
2. 'Astronomy' (Cult Classic version) by Blue Oyster Cult
3. 'Limelight' by Rush
4. 'Achilles Last Stand' by Led Zeppelin
5. '3 Libras' by A Perfect Circle
STinG'S TOP FIVE WOMEN WHO DON'T LIVE ON HIS STREET, BUT WOULD BE VERY WELCOME
1. Winona Ryder
2. Eva Green
3. Carla Gugino
4. Veronica Mars - yea, okay she don't exist. So?
5. The subject of Dream Theater's 'Space-Dye Vest' - If only to figure out why Kevin Moore went so crazy, he quit the band.
STinG's TOP FIVE DREAM JOBS
1. Stunt Performer
2. Radio DeeJay
3. Film Director
5. Session Musician/Drum Tech*
*I will gladly be a drum tech to the following living drummers I look up to and admire: Mike Portnoy, Stewart Copeland, Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, Carter Beauford, Dave Lombardo, Matt Cameron, Danny Carey, Tim Alexander, Mike Mangini, Ginger Baker, Josh Freese or Ian Paice. Call me!
1. 'Everlong' by Foo Fighters
2. 'Good Times Bad Times' by Led Zeppelin
3. 'Scene Six: Home' by Dream Theater
4. 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley
5. 'One' by Metallica
1. Buckethead - Electric Tears
2. Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
3. Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
4. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
5. Incubus - Make Yourself/Sponge - Rotting Pinata
FAVORITE ARTISTS (Rock)
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Foo Fighters
3. Blue Oyster Cult
4. Dream Theater
FAVORITE ARTISTS (Hip Hop)
1. Wu-Tang Clan
2. Lupe Fiasco
3. Kanye West
5. Public Enemy
Now, on for the real focus of this brief, extremely self-indulgent post...
STinG's TOP FIVE STRENGTHS FOR HIGH FIDELITY
1. Well-selected soundtrack
2. Relatable protagonist
3. Adequate performances from the cast
4. Full of spirit and mood
5. Makings of a cult hit
STinG's TOP FIVE WEAKNESSES FOR HIGH FIDELITY
1. A lot of jokes weren't too funny - at least to me. There seemed to be an attitude behind the humor I couldn't appreciate.
2. Sort of formulaic romantic comedy.
3. Nothing really comes out cinematically. Dialogue focused film, but that's a bit flawed.
4. It's a product of its setting and hence kind of dated.
5. Despite witty script, largely episodic rather than grounded as a plot.
I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Could be better but still worth a watch.
Yeah, I actually think that girl was right... I do make too many lists. O.O
|Wipe that smile off your smug face, Po.|